EMAIL us your comments, insights or whatever

  • NOISportsblog@gmail.com

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Kevin Garnett: Preparing for Life After Hoops

The fame and fortune of the 'franchise' professional athlete is rivaled by few professions. The fans and adoration. The money and special treatment. The notoriety and love. All given freely to the 'franchise' athlete.

But, what if it were taken away? What if, as a Negro, the highly paid athlete found himself stripped of his earnings. His mansion and vehicles taken away. The special consideration and treatment no longer lavished upon him. What if the powers that be that run the plantation and grant the athlete these things decided they no longer could stand the Negro athlete's success and fortune? What if?

Certainly, living in these forcibly United States, we are all aware of horror stories of wealthy and adored Negro athletes losing it all at the capricious (some might say sadistic) whim of those living in the 'big house'.

The notion of a wealthy, Negro athlete waking up one day to find his fame and fortune gone is not so far fetched. We have even recently seen examples of such athletes waking up to not only find their careers snatched from their grips, but they have even found this practice taken a step further: to incarceration. (see the tragic tale of Michael Vick's career snatching).

So, how does an athlete prepare to support himself and his family when the inevitable happens?

Certainly there are many ways. But, perhaps, Kevin Garnett has the safest, most effective way to ensure future employment:

"I'm probably the best at cleaning," he said. "I'm probably one of the cleanest people you've met in your life. I take a lot of pride in that. I know how to vacuum, I know how to mop, clean the kitchen, clean the dishes. I'm cold at that."

Clearly, Garnett lives his dream life with an eye towards reality. As a Negro in these forcibly United States, Garnett knows that he is living on borrowed time. He knows that at any moment he might get a knock on his door from agents of the government to tell him to leave with them because he is guilty.

He knows that when that day comes, all that will be left to ensure his subsistence will be to clean up after the dirty devil that layed in wait to take it all away.

But, as we contemplate what the future holds for this generation of wealthy Negro athlete...and as we contemplate when the agents of evil will attempt to take back what these Negroes have earned:

We must remember the righteous words:

Cleanliness is next to Godliness.

And, lo though the Negro athlete may be held in cells or handed a cleaning mop; only the most Blessed and most close to the Righteous Power on High could ever clean up the mess that the white devil has made of these forcibly United States.

Yes, we can change.

Obama '08.
Do you see it?

49 comments:

Jeremy said...

So, in essence, you're suggesting that Garnette's true calling is to be a janitor?

Can his new nickname be "Buffalo Butt" in homage to the hilarious sitcom "Good Times"?

nation_of_islam_sportsblog said...

"So, in essence, you're suggesting that Garnette's true calling is to be a janitor? "


Sir, your nonsense is nonsensical.

However, within your casual joke, you personify the message white america sends the young negro.

So, make your janitor in a drum jokes and continue to find humor in the struggle.

'Good Times' will surely arrive in Nov '08.

We will change.

Dave the Wave said...

personally, i wouldn't let that dirty jig clean my toilet.

he might stink up my doody.

Jeremy said...

"Good times will surely arrive in Nov 08'."

I got my Tivo locked and loaded as soon as it comes back on the air.

Little known fact: the father character didn't abandon his family like most people thought. In fact, his character was killed off.

nation_of_islam_sportsblog said...

"Little known fact: the father character didn't abandon his family like most people thought. In fact, his character was killed off."

Sir, no one thought that.

Except the white viewers.

Everyone else knew that James died in a car crash.

Fun Times said...

stop using the word "negro." its outdated and rather racist.

this isn't the 50s. Black or African American will do.

unbelievable.

btw, no one is taking away KG's money all of a sudden. so relax. just because someone takes pride in cleaning, all this?

nation of Islam? lol, as someone that grew up Muslim, your group is a joke. just like Al Queda is a joke.

i hate it when groups like yours use Islam for their narrow minded agenda. Islam is about peace, and not hate.

celtics in six in the finals!

Ann said...

This post sounds so racist to me!

Ann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nation_of_islam_sportsblog said...

"i hate it when groups like yours use Islam for their narrow minded agenda. Islam is about peace, and not hate."

Sir, your narrow minded view of Islam is an indication of your unwillingness to entertain opinions that may differ from your own.

And, someone is coming to take KG's money.

superduper said...

"Sir, your narrow minded view of Islam is an indication of your unwillingness to entertain opinions that may differ from your own."

Talk about the pot calling the kettle nigger.

And I couldn't let this go... you go so far as to say in your post that Michael Vick's career was snatched from him? Vick was one of the "righteous ones", huh? I'd love to hear your defense of his behavior! Please, enlighten us!

nation_of_islam_sportsblog said...

"I'd love to hear your defense of his behavior! Please, enlighten us!
"

Sir, we categorical deny any need for us to defend Mr. Vick.

We point you to our archives for an accurate and truthful depiction of the events leading up to the government kidnapping in plain sight of Mr. Vick.

Dave the Wave said...

"Talk about the pot calling the kettle nigger."

only problem...a pot or a kettle is smarter than a jig.

censored said...

Garnett's case is just indicative of the lack of emphasis on education in the african american community. He bypassed the opportunity to receive a free college education. He sold out for the money, so if one day that money is gone and the only thing he is intelligent enough to do is clean toilets...well then he should take some personal responsibility for that scenario.
And Obama does keep it real..unlike the fictious show Good Times (where the black daddy was killed off), Obama lives in the real world where his black daddy just abandoned him. Luckily he had an intelligent white woman to raise him and mold him into a productive member of society.

Dave the Wave said...

"Luckily he had an intelligent white woman to raise him "

white woman that liked jig cock...i think that pretty much negates your "intelligent" comment.

lgf said...

"white woman that liked jig cock...i think that pretty much negates your "intelligent" comment."

In other words, there are no intelligent white women. Well put, Dave. And NOIS says you're not useful...

superduper said...

NOISE:

No, you need not defend Vick or any black athlete for that matter... they wouldn't want your defense anyway. Everything you say only makes it worse for them.

Just about every argument you make regarding black athletes getting into trouble (including Vick) entails relieving them of any personal responsibilities for their own actions as you laughably attempt to turn it around on the 'white devil'. You continue to weaken your cause with every post.

Joseph said...

Beef is not what Jay said to Nas
Beef is for the working folks who can't find jobs

nation_of_islam_sportsblog said...

" as you laughably attempt to turn it around on the 'white devil'."

Sir, agreed.

Instead, we should blame the Negro for slavery and the tattered state that the evolution of institutionalized racism has left the 'community'.

Clearly, being the descendents of people that weren't considered people and living in a society that for some 300 years has systematically assured their second tier opportunities is of the Negroes own doing.

Indeed, let us hold the Negro accountable for not being allowed to vote for centuries.

Let us hold the Negro accountable for living in school districts that are under funded and ill conceived.

Let us hold a mirror up to the face of the Negro and demand that he be accountable for not being born of light skin.

Certainly, it is the Negroes shiftless nature and his abscondance from accountability that is the cause of all his problems.

History should be forgotten.

We shouldn't consider yesterday's events when we try to solve the problems of today.

White logic.

Gotta love it.

superduper said...

NOISE,

History should NOT be forgotten and it should NOT be used as an excuse either.

There must be some personal responsibility for everyone regardless of their environment. At the most, racism (past and present) is a mitigating factor, but NOT an excuse. Becoming addicted to drugs, or being involved in a criminal act, not planning for the future, behaving irresponsibly, etc, etc holds a certain amount of personal responsibility regardless of race, religion, politics, background, socio-economic status, etc.

You're taking the slavery argument and the racism that still exists beyond rational levels. If the deck was as stacked against you as you claim, there's no way someone like Obama would get where he is today. Odds are he's going to be our the next president and he has support across all races in America!

Chill out and take a look inside yourself to see why you're so angry all the time. You can acknowledge that racism still exists, but you should be moving forward, not backwards. Dwelling on racism or slavery is not going to change it. Neither will preaching your own brand of hate for another race.

By doing that, you're just another bigot and a racist. You're no better than those you hate... Don't hate, appreciate. As a male football cheerleader in college, you of all people should know that.

2, 4, 6, 8, who do YOU appreciate?

RighteousReasoner said...

Oh, NOW I get it.

The BLACK is GOOD, and the WHITE is EVIL.

Because the blacks (read: Righteous Negroes) are good, and the whites (read: devil crackers) are evil.

Brilliant little image there. Truly fantastic.

Sheesh, I was a little behind on my usual righteous reasoning this time around, I need to step my game up, in Allah's name.

RighteousReasoner said...

Denny McClain got arrested today.

This is a sign people. Caucasiods are good for nothing criminals, and we must rid the world of them.

superduper said...

Yeah, Denny must have gotten in trouble because of all the guilt he felt for being white and being apart of the institutionalized racism that is keeping black people down. I don't know how the court system could hold him accountable for his actions in that case. They should give him a pass because he's white and obviously out of his mind with guilt.

Mr. Bentley said...

OK. Whether or not he made a mistake in not getting a free education is a conversation for another day. Just because KG claims to be a neat freak does not in any way mean that the only thing he is fit to do is clean. Thats preposterous. If he said he was a good cook, then he is destined to work at McDonald's after "they" take his money? If he said he was a good driver, he could only get work as a chauffeur?

I appreciate some of what appears on this blog because it is a view point that does not get seen a lot, but so many times I have read a post that just seems like you're grabbing at straws for something controversial. It comes off as lazy.

Sure, a lot of black athletes are not prepared to deal with the transition from insanely rich to poverty. But who is?

RighteousReasoner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RighteousReasoner said...

"Yeah, Denny must have gotten in trouble because of all the guilt he felt for being white and being apart of the institutionalized racism that is keeping black people down. I don't know how the court system could hold him accountable for his actions in that case. They should give him a pass because he's white and obviously out of his mind with guilt."

Sir, stop using the roundabout logic we always use! You are NOT from the 5% that will save humanity, so stop trying to be. We are an elite group. Meetings are on Thursday evenings. Bow tie is mandatory (we don't wear the white devils neckties around here). Light refreshments are served. No pork.

one fish two fish red fish blue fish said...

"Pork is the white man....and the white man is pork!!!"

-THE NOIS at the ceremonial ribbon cutting of the new Moo & Oink on 75th & Stony

RighteousReasoner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RighteousReasoner said...

Fish, sir,

The sign of the white devil being truly amongst us is the fact that there is a KFC down the street from our fine establishment at 73rd and Stony. The Colonoel himself is attempting to ply us with the delectable scent of his fried chicken. It is the chicken, sirs, that keeps us in the chokehold of the white man.

Harold's, JJ Fish and Uncle Remus for life!

Lil John's Pimp Cup said...

> There must be some personal responsibility for everyone regardless of their environment. At the most, racism (past and present) is a mitigating factor, but NOT an excuse.

Nope... this is ass backward honky-logic.

= Slavery and racism aren't really that bad. They are "just mitigating" factors within which the Negro should learn to exist and exercise what we, the White Devil, decide is "personal responsibility."

BULLSHEEETZ, superduper.

Your words betray your inherently racist views... whether you want to face them or not...

A. You wrote: "There must be some personal responsibility for everyone regardless of their environment." And then you refer to the environment (racism) as just a "mitigating factor. An ENVIRONMENT is NOT a "mitigating factor"... it is the HOUSE, the architecture, within which one lives.

B. You use the term "PERSONAL responsibility" and than apply it to the Negro as you would apply it to yourself in your privileged world (of course, for you "personal" would include mommy and daddy bailing your ass)... HOWEVER, "personal" carries a certain connotation, no?... that being, that it is PERSONAL - to the person in question, idiosyncratic, contextual, etc... this begs the question: If my environment (i.e., the house I live in, the architecture that surrounds my life) is one that is steeped in slavery and racism that has had the effect of RUINING the very foundation of the house I live in, does personal responsibility consist of the same thing for me that it does for you?? For you, personal responsibility means cleaning your windows. I don't have windows on my house.

C. If you are so damn adament about the Negro stepping up and taking responsibility for his actions, then maybe YOU should step the fuck up and show us how. By taking responsibility for 400+ yrs of slavery... but we don't want to talk about what stepping up to that plate would entail, do we - it could lead to talking about the "R" word.

In short, you just a supadupa BIATCH.

nation_of_islam_sportsblog said...

"Becoming addicted to drugs"

Sir, modern medicine considers alcoholism and drug addiction to be a disease.

If we carry out your analogy fully...you are saying being a Negro is a disease?

Nice.

Malcom Hex said...

"If the deck was as stacked against you as you claim, there's no way someone like Obama would get where he is today."

sure there is a a way someone like obama could get where he is today.

his moms is a honky.

nation_of_islam_sportsblog said...

"Neither will preaching your own brand of hate for another race. "

Sir, pointing out injustice and not allowing the mainstream media to taint our point of view is hate?

Seriously?

superduper said...

"If we carry out your analogy fully...you are saying being a Negro is a disease?"

Seriously?!? HAHAHAHA!! LMFAO!!!

That's pretty weak minded bullshit, cockbreath. Your brother Eli has more skills than you ever will.

Try again, cheerleader.

Lil John's Pimp Cup said...

> Yeah, Denny must have gotten in trouble because of all the guilt he felt for being white... They should give him a pass because he's white and obviously out of his mind with guilt.

Sorry, your argument makes no sense, "cockbreath"

If guilt was a natural response to white privilege, whites wouldn't run away from discussions about the "R" word faster than cabs peel away when a brutha hails a yellow taxi.

Lil John's Pimp Cup said...

Shame? Maybe... but not guilt.

supadupa bitch.

superduper said...

lil john's pimp cum actually has a marginally intelligent response worth replying to intermixed with his bigotry. Cockbreath, please take notice.

I respect your point of view, pimp cum, but disagree that slavery and racism are as much of an issue today as you and cockbreath claim. There is no grand conspiracy, but individuals making choices. Blacks can rise above their obstacles or use them as excuses for their own failings.

Yes, it is not as easy for black youth to achieve than white youth, but it is getting better with each and every generation and far from impossible to excel in America with hard work and perseverance.

Additionally, no white person living today owned slaves, nor should they be held responsible for the mistakes of their ancestors. They are all generations from that history. What do you suggest white people living today do? (Or am I supposed to be afraid to ask that question??)

It is not a uniquely white trait to have evil within. People of all races have been responsible for unimaginable evils such as slavery. Your black brothers in other countries practice genocide and slavery as well (they have been doing so for centuries and it is still occurring today).

Star athletes especially have all the tools to be highly influential, powerful role models, and leaders in the black community. Some choose to accept it and others piss it away. They are as far from the bonds of slavery as anyone can be. Yet this blog attempts to explain away their indiscretions and bad decisions as the result of slavery and racism.

That's a weak ass excuse for bad decisions by anyone. Come on, Michael Vick engaged in dog fighting because of racism in America? No, he was just a sick dumbshit that got what he deserved. End of story. Insinuating anything else is simply laughable.

superduper said...

"Sorry, your argument makes no sense"

"Shame? Maybe... but not guilt."


I was being facetious, pimp cum.

You're so used to excusing dumbshit behavior you don't even recognize when your own arguments are being turned around against you.

Wake up and smell the shit you're eating!

You and Cockbreath are two peas in a pod. Pimp Cum and Cockbreath... now that's a match made in heaven! You guys are perfect for one another.

nation_of_islam_sportsblog said...

"cockbreath."

Sir, clearly your presentation has reached its nadir.

And, more clearly, we aren't surprised.

Effective debate requires intellect, point of view and a grasp of both sides of the situation.

Your cock lust not withstanding...we don't hate you or look down on you.

We pray for you.

Often.

nation_of_islam_sportsblog said...

"Blacks can rise above their obstacles or use them as excuses for their own failings. "

Sir, agreed.

The Negro rise above the obstacles.

And he will.

He will NOT go around them.

Which is what you want.

So, according to your dazzling point of view...racism is just and obstacle which the Negro can overcome through perserverance. And, when he can't overcome racism, then it is just an empty excuse for his own failings?

6 generations of slaves couldn't agree more with you. Bet they are kicking themselves in their graves for not overcoming the 'obstacle' of slavery...and are living in shameful eternity for using the 'obstacle' of slavery as an excuse for their misery.

nation_of_islam_sportsblog said...

"You're so used to excusing dumbshit behavior you don't even recognize when your own arguments are being turned around against you."

Yes, LJPC...superduper has skillfully used your argument against you with the cunning acumen and full force of his unmatched wit.

Imagine!

Coming here and commenting on post after post. Arguing with each one.

Imagine!

Imagine if others were capable of presenting a point of view by turning an argument around!

Imagine!

And imagine if someone then tried to turn those very turned around arguments around!

Imagine!

We imagine that that someone would simply be chasing their ass....

superduper said...

"clearly your presentation has reached its nadir"

Thank you, that was exactly my point many posts ago when you used your own 'colorful metaphors' in your attempt to describe me. Albeit, your claim that I was a 'shit head' was far less original than 'cockbreath' you must agree (especially when conjoined with your brother, pimp cum).


Yet here I am, replying to your posts... articulating more elequantly or astutely than you.

Imagine!

Yet you engage me, even though you're obviously just being fucked with.

Imagine!

Yet you relentlessly keep using the brainless technique of turning one sentence of a reply into some nonsensical euphamism.

Imagine!


So yes, you are right about two things: 1) your presentation has long past reached rock bottom, and 2) you've been chasing your own ass for a very long time, sucker.

It has been fun dropping the hammer on you, but you're really not much of a challenge and I'm getting bored of proving time and again what a halfwit you are. I'll be back to bitch slap you some more if I feel like trolling this way again.

Pray for me NOISE (or Cheerleader, Cockbreath, etc)...

Avonte Mixon said...

"It has been fun dropping the hammer on you"


um, superguy-

don't you realize that the fact that you get on here time and again and argue NOIS' ridiculous posts is the proof positive that the hammer has been shoved up your ass?

seriously, anyone that reads this blog and thinks of coming on here and arguing the indefensible positions NOIS takes is the one who is getting duped and being made to look a fool.

read the name of the business manager on here. it's pretty clear this site is satire...yet YOU are here arguing and some how convincing yourself that you half out witted NOIS and that his points are invalid?

LOL.

It's always fun to watch the guys like you be used as pawns on here.

And then, you guys always do the same thing. You pat yourself on the back and pretend you have proven NOIS wrong or something.

Read the banner of the blog, dummy...the only thing you have proven is that you have totally outplayed.

Lil John's Pimp Cup said...

supa dupa bitch,

In your masturbatory excitement about egging on NOIS to respond to your "fucking with him"... you overlook one simple fact.

This one simple pact means there is NO WAY you win this one, home slice.

You overlook the simple fact that it is the NOIS blog and YOU keep coming back for more... despite your reasons, despite how strong you think you come with your white logic, no matter how many times you think you zinged somebody... you keep coming back to HIM.

Lil John's Pimp Cup said...

> It's always fun to watch the guys like you be used as pawns on here.

Yes. It is. Especially for black folks : )

superduper said...

OK, I freely admit I was here just trolling… just fucking with the blogger. Why? Who cares? Amusement, boredom, or as you stated: masturbatory excitement… But what the fuck are you two mentally masturbating over?!? What the fuck are YOU doing?

You’re here to fuck with the guy who fucks with the blogger? OMG, LOL! You’ve set some pretty low personal standards there, and you constantly fail to achieve them don’t you??

As I already stated, NOISE’s routine is so played out it hit rock bottom long ago, yet you two are right there by his side with shovels helping him dig. What are you…? blogger groupies, NOISE fluffers, what?!?

And your argument that the fact that I was even posting replies means that I’m the one that was being played… OK genius, and that must make your comments of my posts… what? Uh huh… Yup, you guys are the smart ones, you got me.

I think you guys have been working with glue too much.

When your IQ gets up to 50, you should sell. Have a good one, bitches.

Malcom Hex said...

"OK, I freely admit I was here just trolling… just fucking with the blogger. Why? Who cares? "

at least you are dumb enough to admit you are a douchebag.

i'll give you that.

Lil John's Pimp Cup said...

> You’re here to fuck with the guy who fucks with the blogger? OMG, LOL! You’ve set some pretty low personal standards there, and you constantly fail to achieve them don’t you??


We are long-time valued members of this forum's community.

You are just a played interloper...

NOIS's routine is played out? My god, home slice, we see one of you every week... what is HILARIOUS is how you boys come on like nobody has ever tried to do what you do before...

Even your post facto "I was really just trolling" is PUH-LAYED out...

You are like the guy who comes in to the party with the ho he thinks he's hot that everybody in the room has already fucked...

We been there before, homey...

Mack Power said...

" Albeit, your claim that I was a 'shit head' was far less original than 'cockbreath' you must agree "

so, you are mad that nois pointed out you are a shit head and can't let it go?

no wonder your comments sound like the rages of a lunatic.

they are.

Keven said...

"We been there before, homey..."

pimp, this cat too dumb to realize how played he is. he's one of those boys that thinks he's smart. but he is just smart enough to made a fool by someone with real intellect.

anyone that says nois is played out doesn't even realize what the site is about...